- What personally identifiable information is collected from you
- What cookies are and how they are used
- Who is collecting the information?
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
- How you can access, update or delete your information
- What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information?
- What else you should know about your online privacy
- Data Protection Act
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you?
Eden Project collects information in a variety of ways from different parts of the service. Some information is gathered when you register. During registration to the mailing list, Eden Project asks for your name, email address, and country of residence. From time to time, we may ask you for personal information, including (but not limited to) when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by Eden Project. If you contact Eden Project, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Eden Project also occasionally asks users to complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
2. What are cookies and how are they used?
Read our full cookies policy.
3. Who is collecting the information?
When you are on Eden Project website and are asked for personal information by Eden Project, you are sharing that information with Eden Project alone, unless it is specifically stated otherwise. Please be aware that Eden Project advertisers or web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those web sites.
4. How is the information used?
Eden Project’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the member, with a customised experience. By knowing a little bit about you, Eden Project is able to deliver more relevant content and, hence, a better service to you. Eden Project also does research on our member’s demographics, interests and behaviour based on the information provided to us upon registration to the mailing lists, during a promotion, from our server logs or from surveys. We do this to better understand our users. This research is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. Eden Project may share this aggregated data with potential advertisers or business partners.
5. With whom may the information be shared?
As a general rule, Eden Project will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. From time to time, Eden Project may use third parties to collect or distribute information to you and other members. Eden Project will protect confidentiality and security of that information, and not allow such third parties to use that information other than in connection with the provisions of the Service. Eden Project may preserve Content and may disclose Content to any third party if required to do so by law or in good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is necessary to:
- (a) comply with legal process
- (b) enforce the Terms of Service
- (c) respond to claims that any Content violated the rights of third parties
- (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Eden Project, its members and the public
6. What are the choices available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
If you do not wish to receive our mailings, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included on all communications. You also have choices regarding cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, you will be unable to use the parts of the Eden Project service that required registration in order to participate. Eden Project does not sell or rent user information to anyone. We will notify you at the time of data collection or transfer if your data will be shared with a third party who has an independent right to use your information and you will always have the option of not permitting the transfer. If you do not wish to allow your data to be shared, you can choose not to use a particular service or not to participate in certain promotions or contests.
7. How can you access, update or delete your information?
You may change any or all of your information by contacting Eden’s Information Manager at Infomanager@edenproject.com or by logging on to your personal profile if you have an account on https://booking.edenproject.com (Tickets) or www.edenproject.com/shop (online shop)
8. What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information?
Your account information is password protected so that only you have access to this personal information. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Remember to log off your computer or close your browser window when you have finished your work to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Eden Project cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
9. What else should I know about my privacy?
10. Data Protection Act
The Eden Project is registered with the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z4959152. You may visit the Data Protection Act website to see under what purposes the Eden Project is registered.